As much as we would like to avoid collisions on the road, they still happen occasionally. Even if you have a perfect driving record, you can’t control everyone and everything else on the road. If you’re wondering what kind and how much car insurance you should get, click here to read a blog post with our recommendations and Nevada’s requirements.
Car accidents can be stressful situations, so it’s important to have a plan in case of an accident. Follow these simple steps and you will avoid a lot of extra hassle later on.
If you get in an accident…
- Stay calm.
- Assess the extent of injuries for you and/or other drivers. Obtain medical assistance if needed.
- Assess the damage to the vehicles involved. If your car is still driveable, pull over to the shoulder of the road to avoid causing another accident or blocking traffic.
- Call the police to file an accident report. Do not leave the scene of the accident before this is completed.
- Limit discussion of the accident. Discuss details only with the police, your insurance agency, and your carrier claims representative. Avoid admitting fault at the scene or at any time.
- Get the facts and essential details at the scene. This includes taking pictures of the damage to the vehicles, writing down license plate(s), and collecting insurance documentation and driver’s license information.
- Report even a minor accident to your insurance agency immediately.
- Follow-up by checking the status of your claim.
We’re Here to Help
As a local insurance brokerage, we want to do everything we can to help in a situation like this. Although claims will be processed directly through your insurance carrier, we can help you get started and answer your questions along the way. Consider us your advocate! Give us a call at (702)932-3105, and let’s get started.